The Level 4 Diploma in Business (QCF) (L4DB) makes up the first year of the NCC Education Business Degree journey. The qualification is equivalent to the first year of a business degree in the UK university system.
The students will be introduced to the many different aspects of international business in today's world. Embarking on the qualification the student will be exposed to both academic and vocational aspects of a wide range of subjects, enabling the student to gain the necessary knowledge and skills vital for a career in business or further studies.
On successful completion of the qualification the student will be able to continue their studies on the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (QCF) (L5DB) or at a UK university, or work in one of the many areas of the business world.
The student must study the following eight core units:
- Essentials of Management - covers the principles and functions of management. You will be taught the key elements in planning and decision-making, and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
- Fundamentals of Economics - covers fundamental economic theories and concepts which are applied in decision-making in a business environment. You will gain an understanding of the economic environment and its effect upon business organisations and their markets.
- Communications for Business - gives an introduction to a wide range of skills for business professionals. You will cover the production of various types of documents and presentations as well as the skills needed to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Understanding Business Organisations - introduces the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisations as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Business Mathematics - covers a range of mathematical techniques and formulae to support your business studies and develop your ability to make informed business decisions. You will also be taught to present and analyse business data.
- Introduction to Finance - introduces the basic concepts and techniques of financial and managerial accounting. It considers the role of accounting in recording and reporting financial performance and in providing information to decision makers.
- eBusiness - explores a wide range of applications for eCommerce and the use of these in solving business problems. You will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and their major impact on the business world.
- Principles of Marketing - examines the role and value of marketing in today's increasingly competitive and dynamic environment. You will practice marketing principles in order to analyse, plan and implement policies to achieve marketing and corporate objectives.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year.
1. Business Mathematics
2. Communications for Business
4. Essentials of Management
5. Fundamentals of Economics
6. Introduction to Finance
7, Principles of Marketing
8. Understanding Business Organisations
The qualification allows students entry to either the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (QCF) (which is equivalent to year 2 of a typical UK Honours degree) or the second year of many UK university degree courses, or enables you to pursue a career in the business industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.